Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A favor

Not meant for me...
-->

Subject: Re: a favor
Date: July 24, 2006 2:08:51 PM PDT

Hi "my first name",

I hear you guys had a real nice time. Dad says you were really nice to him. I am glad he had a good time. Hope you did too. At first I was bummed I could not go, but when he said there was an hour wait, I thought well, it was not so bad not going.

OK, here is the favor. I was with grams on Sunday. After the visit from Mike and Dave came too, she and I talked over lunch. She has been looking over her life. She was talking about, yes your brother, he comes up once in a while with she and I. In part of the conversation, she mentioned she would have like to get to know Dan's kids. I offered for her to see them through a variety of ways. She has declined to see him because of he and me not seeing each other. I offered for you to take her to a resturant, or me take her and the children could be there. If I took her you could perhaps be there with the children and she could 'see' them. She has declined on all accounts.

I finally asked if she would like some current pictures if I was able to arrange that. She finally said that would be nice. I think she wants to 'share' the pictures of her great grandchildren withg her friends. I think she is reexamining her life as well. What was, what could have been....

My brother came by today on his way home and they will be stopping by grandma's on their way home, and we had a detailed discussion about her. In looking back over the past months, or year or so, she is in a decline. This is it, she will not be better than today ever again. I have pretty much been oblivious to it and now need to address it in a way that is full of the love I feel for her and not the frustration I am sure will come.

So, here is the favor, finally. Could you perhaps get current pictures of Nic and Emma? A picture of the two of them together would be good, or pictures of them individually would be alright too. I am not sure what your relationship is with Dan at the moment, so if it requires you to do ANYTHING you would be uncomfortablel with, please do not do it. Beckett willl be a big part now and as he becomes more active she will have him to show off as it were. Please do not do this out of any kind of guilt.

Thanks "my first name", love mom

<--


No comments: