Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Just not me. Not old friends

xxxxx's used to protect the innocent. Photo cropped to protect the sender.

-->

Subject: violinist from Encore
Date: September 3, 2006 7:52:57 AM PDT
Tim,
I've changed my name since we last met, but we played in a quartet together coached by a gruff cellist whose name I forget but it started with "B." Martha Dxxxxx was the violist & David Rxxxxx was cello.

Since then I got my degree from Rice in English & music, decided not to do music professionally (practice-room burnout, plus other interests) but accidentally ended up playing in the Axxxxx Symphony, plus lots of chamber music around town. Oops.
In the meantime, I got a Master of Social Work I'm currently planning to go back for a PhD in cognitive psychology, so taking a couple research & cognition courses in addition to teaching & playing full-time.
Suzy Pxxxxxxx had mentioned that you were playing in New York some years ago, but I never looked you up. Not sure what possessed me to look you up now, but thought I would drop a line!

Hope all is well!
Exxxx (aka Jxxxxx) Wxxxxx


<--
BTW- If you aren't trying to hook up, would you button your shirt?



No comments: