Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Hey There

Just not me.
-->

Subject: Hey there!
Date: September 25, 2006 12:30:13 PM PDT

My first name,

It's been so long since we spoke, but I've been thinking bout you guys a
lot. Just went to the site to check out the current diary and it was great
to hear the latest (didn't know you were an altar boy, too!! I still
remember some of the Latin prayers). Anyway, I'm glad to hear things are
going well there in SA. I must admit I just viewed the video you and Sharon
made before the Lovefest and it was really moving (nice underscore, too!).
So sorry I missed the event and never made a contribution, either. Where can
I do that? What is the name and address of the organization?? Recently I've
become so disturbed at how we as Americans have become such insufferable
consumers. It's really an addiction. And living here it's almost impossible
to NOT be one. It seems like every time I turn around there's a dozen
sources asking me to spend money on something that, if you really look at
it, is a non-essential. We've tried to teach our kids the art of being happy
with what you have and know the meaning of abundance. Recently, Christiane
Amanpour on CNN did a spot on Kenya and the poverty and AIDS there. I
thought of you and your family and it was just terribly sad to think that
what we spend on a business lunch could feed and house a family half a world
away. Crazy really.

I hope the music and work is still flowing to you there in Africa and that
you're busy. I guess we have one here next week for ABTB/John K (if it's
approved!) If you have a minute to send me the MIDI file I'll nailed the
tempo changes and stuff. This summer has been kinda slow for me, but it's
given me time to spend on the gear and a chance to really turn the studio
into a compositional tool. That's been the objective all along, but it's
finally beginning to be a transparent process: sit down and write! With the
least amount of technical junk to worry about. ProTools HD is great, the
MIDI implementation is cool and with the Gigas & Plug-ins samplers, it all
sounds great. The family is doing well, Michael turns 16 today and will be
driving soon. My oldest son (29) is out on the road with his band for 6-mo
and the second one (27) and his wife are expecting a baby in April. Man, the
world keeps on turning...and fast!

So drop a line when you get a minute (I haven't been on iChat since we last
spoke...I should do that again, it was cool) and give my best to your
family. See ya!


God bless,
Joe


<--


No comments: