Thursday, October 16, 2008

Getting the band back together....

Man, too bad I'm just not this cool. But alas, you guessed it - I don't know any of these guys.

-->

Subject: RE: Last chance to be young, handsome and great.......
Date: April 30, 2008 9:38:07 PM PDT
Hello my brothers from other mothers,
I love you! I miss you so much....
Well, I'm kinda back in town again....
and I think for all the right reasons....
And I want to get the band backtogether...
We're all getting closer to 50 and I want to rock until I'm 80...
no kidding.
I've been listening to our GSD stuff and it was good.
Not great, but good.
Sometimes actually not good at all (which was all me to be honest)
However........
I'm a much better guitarist.... (even lead guitar!)
I'm a much better writer .......
And I can sing.
And some of the GSD stuff was great. Playing Rusty Cage with Bryan
was a hightlight. When the bottom drops out.....damn.
So here's my thoughts my brothers:
-I come to Seattle once a month
-I fly in Wednesday night I stay until Sunday pm.
- We could practice Wed and Thursday nights and play on Friday....
Here's even more realistic and adult thoughts.
I think this will be the hardest on Tim, because it is 3 consecutive nights a month.
I've also exhibited some flaky behavior in the past and I know that it's up to me to make this happen.
Pat, I know you want to play period. ME TOO.
And I get my best friends back.
To make this work we'll need to probably practice at Tim's house. Pat we'll need you to book the venues.
I'm sorry I can't help, but it's only one gig a month. And you know EVERYONE...
Coffee shop is fine. I just know that once Tim launches into "I Never Cry" by Alice....I'll be in Heaven....
No kidding guys, this will be real fun. It will require time so let's be flexible and respectful. But let's give it a shot.
I have some great ideas about what to perform. Tim's solo stuff is the centerpeice, but we'll rock the fucking joint.
~Michael
PS, as far as a guitarist is concerned, Phil good! Bryan better!
I can hold down the fort better than the past, so we can be choosy!!!
~Michael

<--


No comments: