Thursday, February 5, 2009

Friday

This one is sad.

-->

Subject: Friday
Date: January 14, 2009 1:13:08 PM PST
Hi all,

I saw Barbara tonight and she was as you would expect considering the circumstances - resigned, busy, stoic, honest.

Funeral is a week on Friday and she asked whether we would mind moving the rehearsal night to the Thursday before. I said that we really didn't expect her to rehearse the night before her dad's funeral but she said she enjoyed it so much it might take her mind off it a bit.


Upshot is, she is expecting to join us this Friday 16th and I said I'd get back to her about the other. Personally I think we should go ahead as agreed this Fri (and Barbara will come along if she feels able) and although she thinks she feels able to do the Thurs and I would like to rehearse if I thought it would help her, I feel she will probably find there are other things to focus on - organising, relatives phoning, looking after her mum, that sort of thing. We can always have a band prac on the Fri to get our beginnings and endings sorted.


Thoughts?
HX

PS I would also like to send her some flowers next week - if you'd like to chip in and send it from the Whaas feel free.

<--


No comments: